Thursday, September 13, 2012

Been a long time

I actually could not ride my bike for a month from mid July to Mid August so not much to blog about as not much biking going on. I  really missed not riding and it took me about a week to get "back in shape".

I was riding along and one of my Saturday morning riders asked me if I ever thought about riding cross country again and my response was "Every day". By coincidence when I was riding home the same day I was reminded of one of our fellow XC09 riders. He visited a lot of first responders in every town we stopped in any many of those places were fire stations. He once told me he never saw a "live" Dalmation at any of those fire stations. The picture below is for him:



The picture below is for another cross country rider who once rode with his Dog. This reminded me of him.  Check out that passenger's sunglasses.




2 comments:

  1. Hey, Ira! How are you bearing the heat? We're getting the summer we didn't have. Much cooler by the beach.

    I like your response, "Every day." Me, too.

    RSRO
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the morning it is not that bad. When I commute home in the evening it is really hot. Today (Saturday) I did a quick 50 miles and was done by 10:30.

    ReplyDelete