Sunday, July 19, 2009

Hot Days

The weather where I live has turned a little hot. Where I live it has been close to 100 degrees. Not the best for biking, but bike I do.

I continue to commute to work with one longer ride on Saturday (usually about 75 miles). Since I have returned from my trip I have biked about 430 miles in about 2 1/2. I try to jog once a week (about 3 miles). I have no problem with the distance, but it is different muscles and I feel a little sore after I run. If I can fit in some swimming, I can probably do a triathelon in the next few months.

Today I biked up Rustic Canyon and down to Coldwater. This was a shorter version of one of my weekday training rides. Climbing wa much easier than before I left and I have noticed that on most of my bike rides I am averaging 3 miles faster than before I left for the trip. How long this conditioning lasts I do not know, but I will try to maintain some sort of conditioning. It is good for my health and the mind.

1 comment:

  1. That is GREAT that you are keeping up the miles. I have slowed down with the miles. It was too hard for me to maintain the miles and recover. I keep looking for a video post.

    ReplyDelete