Sunday, July 12, 2009

It's over, who says its over

I am paraphrasing from a movie that I know was discussed by some of the members during the trip. The withdrawal symptoms are too much to take so I will continue blogging to relieve the symptoms. I really miss not seeing everyone at breakfast, at the SAG stops and at dinner.


It has been fun seeing all of the emails going back and forth.

I have continued to commute to work (4 times last week) and on Saturdays am riding anywhere between 60 - 80 miles. My goal will be to ride 10,000 miles this year. Between the trip and my training I am about 1.700 miles away from that goal.

I invited Jim to bike with my usual group of Saturday riders this past Friday. I sent an email and did not receive a response. I was waiting for my other fellow riders at the Marina Bridge (a little north of Manhattan Beach) and was cleaning my chain when who stops in front of me, but Jim. Jim and I started talking and I mentioned to him that it was hard to believe that two months prior on Friday that we had started the adventure and we had already been home for two weeks.

It was great to see him and even greater to ride with him again. During our rest stop at a convenience store (they sell Starbucks power drink Dalton Gang) Jim took the following picture with my bike.













There was another picture of the two of us together, but apparently it did not come out that good. I would have preferred that picture.

No Camelbak today so it felt a little lighter riding today. It was a pretty hot day (close to the days in Arizona).

Of course what would a ride be without a broken spoke. Same back wheel. It is the fourth broken spoke I have had (two during the cross country trip and two during my rides in California). I brought it to a bike shop today and the wheel is good as new.

I do not know when my next post will be, but check back fellow XC09.

2 comments:

  1. Good to read 'bout u! I bet it was nice to see a CR rider again. Last Thursday, I finally felt back to normal. Maybe it was me getting the dates set for next year that made me get my spark back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. It was definitely nice to see a CR rider. Hopefully on your trip next year some of your fellow riders from XC09 will continue their ride.

    ReplyDelete