Sunday, July 26, 2009

One month from today ...

Today is one month from the day we biked to the Atlantic Ocean. The time went extremely fast. However, the time that we biked by comparison seems to have been in slow motion. People tell me that I am seem much more relaxed, calm and less obsessive than before the trip. I guess that the trip changed me without me being aware.

I still check every one's blog once in awhile to see if anyone is still posting. From what I can tell, Barbie (I will upload a video one of these days) and Champ are still posting. Champ is posting pictures in the order that we biked and that is a nice memory. Mike's computer went kaput and he does not have access to a computer so we have to wait for his blog to continue. In the meantime he emails us to let us know how he is doing. He got into an accident, but other than his wrist he is doing fine. His emails still make me laugh. Peter is off to NJ and perhaps will see Bob this weekend. Tom finished his Anchor ride (another 500 miles) and he is off on a cruise with his wife. I read them all with great memories of those who I rode with during the trip.

Today I biked around 32 miles. I would say around 30% was uphill and some pretty tough grades. I am up to biking around 180 miles a week and I think that give or take 10% one way or another that will be the mileage I bike each week.

2 comments:

  1. And I'm glad you are still posting too...Peter and Andrea did in fact stop for a visit on Saturday and it was great to see them. And I think their visit gave my wife a bit of insight to the trip that I could not convey...she tends to see the ride through the prism of the hospital while I still have visions of the high desert and mountains of the west...etc, etc. etc. It was all so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too still have a calmness and peacefullness about me. There is something about the time on the bike and being in the open that clears your spirit!

    ReplyDelete